New Class Starts March 31, 2020.
Follow link, call or email me to sign up.
Spring: Rediscover Resilience – 5-Week Somatic Movement Class
- Discover gentle, full-body movements to relieve the pain that holds you back.
- Learn to move freely and without fear of re-injury.
- Build a home routine to boost alignment and coordination. Feel all your parts moving together as one.
- Effective and safe for all fitness levels.
Includes: Written guidance after each class, movement descriptions and video links for home practice and one free make-up class (must be used within 3 weeks of series completion).
- Tuesdays, 6 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
- March 31-April 28, 2020
- $100 EARLY BIRD SPECIAL for registrations before March 6, 2020
- $105 for registrations after March 6, 2020
- 5623 University Way NE, at InsideOut Yoga Studio in Seattle’s UDistrict
- Free street parking.
Drop-Ins (must have previous somatic movement experience to drop-in)
Includes class instruction only, no follow-up materials.
Experienced students are welcome as drop-ins at any class, except March 10, March 17 and March 31. (If you’ve never taken a class or had private sessions, please sign up for the next series.)
Every Tuesday, 6:00 – 7:15 p.m. at InsideOut Yoga
$22/class (cash or check preferred, checks payable to “Patricia Hopper”)
MORE ABOUT SOMATIC MOVEMENT:
Our bodies learn habits of muscle contraction from repetitive movement, injury and the daily pressures of keeping up and making due. Adaptive changes that were once helpful can later result in pain, stiffness and limited mobility in athletics and daily activities. Through Somatic movement, you can build body awareness and re-train your brain to notice and release muscle contractions when they are no longer needed. Somatic movement improves posture and frees up muscle tension in a way that stretching can’t.
I teach a series of somatic movements you can do at home to hone your own sensory awareness and release muscle contractions when they are no longer needed or helpful.
Somatic movement might be a good fit for you, if you…
- notice increasing stiffness in your joints,
- end up injured or hurting whenever you try doing favorite physical activities that you once did regularly without pain,
- never quite recovered from that last injury,
- notice it takes more and more effort to hold your body in an alignment that you associate with good posture.
- can feel when your body is “off” and want a way to try resolving it on your own,
- want a more effective warm up or cool down routine for running, climbing, hiking or crossfit to achieve better form during your workout and after,
- have muscle soreness or chronic pain,
- are a person who sometimes says you can’t feel your body, but you’d like to build that awareness.
Private sessions are held at Be Fluid Bodywork, NE 70th Street and Roosevelt Way NE.