New Class Starts March 31, 2020.
Semi-private for more personal attention. Online via Zoom.
Follow link, call or email me to sign up.
Spring: Rediscover Resilience – 5-Week Online Somatic Movement Class (via Zoom)
- Discover gentle, full-body movements to relieve the pain that holds you back.
- Learn to move freely and without fear of re-injury.
- Build a home routine to boost balance and coordination. Feel all your parts moving together as one.
- Effective and safe for all fitness levels.
Includes: weekly live online movement instruction, written guidance after each class, movement descriptions and video links for home practice.
- Tuesdays, 6 p.m. – 7:15 p.m.
- March 31-April 28, 2020
- $100 or pay what you can:
- Use discount code “95” to pay $95 for the class series.
- Use discount code “90” to pay $90 for the class series.
- Use discount code “85” to pay $85 for the class series.
MORE ABOUT SOMATIC MOVEMENT:
Our bodies learn habits of muscle contraction from repetitive movement, injury and the daily pressures of keeping up and making due. Adaptive changes that were once helpful can later result in pain, stiffness and limited mobility in athletics and daily activities. Through Somatic movement, you can build body awareness and re-train your brain to notice and release muscle contractions when they are no longer needed. Somatic movement improves posture and frees up muscle tension in a way that stretching can’t.
I teach a series of somatic movements you can do at home to hone your own sensory awareness and release muscle contractions when they are no longer needed or helpful.
Somatic movement might be a good fit for you, if you…
- notice increasing stiffness in your joints,
- end up injured or hurting whenever you try doing favorite physical activities that you once did regularly without pain,
- never quite recovered from that last injury,
- notice it takes more and more effort to hold your body in an alignment that you associate with good posture.
- can feel when your body is “off” and want a way to try resolving it on your own,
- want a more effective warm up or cool down routine for running, climbing, hiking or crossfit to achieve better form during your workout and after,
- have muscle soreness or chronic pain,
- are a person who sometimes says you can’t feel your body, but you’d like to build that awareness.
PRIVATE SESSIONS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.
Private sessions are held at Be Fluid Bodywork, NE 70th Street and Roosevelt Way NE.